System - Normal to Oily
Obagi Nu-Derm helps to transform your skin from the inside out with prescription 4% hydroquinone specially formulated for normal to oily skin. Skin aging is a natural process, but daily sun exposure can contribute to premature aging. Sun-damaged skin appears dull, with older, damaged skin layers accumulating due to slower skin cell turnover. The Obagi Nu-Derm System helps transform the skin’s appearance by reducing darks spots, revealing younger, healthier-looking skin.
Complete skin care system specially formulated for normal to oily skin to correct hyperpigmentation, such as dark spots and melasma, and transform the appearance of aging skin.
Nu-Derm is ideal if you have:
- Age spots
- Rough skin
- Sallowness (yellowish complexion)
- Hyperpigmentation (discoloration)
Prescription required. Contact your healthcare provider to purchase, or find a nearby physician who offers this product.
Strong inhibitor of melanin production that has long been established as the most effective ingredient for reducing and potentially eliminating melasma.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Obagi Nu-Derm Clear, Blender and Sunfader (contains 4% hydroquinone)
CONTRAINDICATIONS: People with prior history of sensitivity or allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients should not use it. The safety of topical hydroquinone use during pregnancy or in children (12 years and under) has not been established.
- Avoid contact with eyes, nose, mouth, or lips. In case of accidental contact, patient should rinse eyes, nose, mouth, or lips with water and contact physician.
- Sunscreen use is an essential aspect of hydroquinone therapy because even minimal sunlight exposure sustains melanocytic activity.
- Contains sodium metabisulfite, a sulfite that may cause allergic-type reactions including anaphylactic symptoms and life-threatening or less severe asthmatic episodes in certain susceptible people. The overall prevalence of sulfite sensitivity in the general population is unknown and probably low. Sulfite sensitivity is seen more frequently in asthmatic than in nonasthmatic people.
PRECAUTIONS (ALSO SEE WARNINGS): Treatment should be limited to relatively small areas of the body at one time since some patients experience a transient skin reddening and a mild burning sensation, which does not preclude treatment.
Pregnancy Category C: Animal reproduction studies have not been conducted with topical hydroquinone. It is also not known whether hydroquinone can cause fetal harm when used topically on a pregnant woman or affect reproductive capacity. It is not known to what degree, if any, topical hydroquinone is absorbed systemically. Topical hydroquinone should be used on pregnant women only when clearly indicated.
Nursing Mothers: It is not known whether topical hydroquinone is absorbed or excreted in human milk. Caution is advised when topical hydroquinone is used by a nursing mother.
Pediatric Usage: Safety and effectiveness in children below the age of 12 years have not been established.
Use of the product should be discontinued if hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients is noted.