Must-Haves for Glowing Valentine’s Day Skin
This year for Valentine’s Day, why not say “I love you” by giving yourself the gift of glowing, beautiful skin? Here are some tips to make February 14th - and every other day of the year - a day that you love your skin:
- Drink lots of water. Your body is about 60% water1, so it’s no surprise that keeping yourself hydrated is a benefit to your skin. Want to know how much water you should drink daily? Use this easy calculation:
Multiply your body weight by 2/3rds to learn the number of ounces of water you should consume daily2.
This formula may vary for individuals, so be sure to check with your doctor to find out how much water YOU should be drinking every day!
- Stay away from refined sugar. Refined sugar can wreak havoc on skin, causing breakouts and making your day (or week!) miserable. Studies show that acne is caused by inflammation and sebum (an oily gland secretion), both of which can be traced to too much refined sugar consumption3.
This Valentine’s Day, why not reach for a dark chocolate that contains less refined sugar than its milk chocolate counterpart?
Exercise. Not only does exercise make you feel and look great, but it turns out it’s great for glowing skin, too! Exercise increases blood flow, which directly benefits your skin4. To gain the benefits of exercise to your skin, you don’t have to become a gym rat. Even a daily 20-minute walk around your neighborhood will go a long way to glowing, healthy-looking skin. Here are more tips on adding more activity to your routine.
Follow a skin care regimen that is tailored to your individual skin care needs. Because your skin is unique, you’ll get the best benefits by working with a skin care physician to find the right products that help address your concerns. Find doctor today to learn what products are a good fit for you. If you want to put some research in first, you can check out Obagi’s transformation systems and other products here.
Don’t worry, be happy. When all is said and done, glowing skin can come from being happy on the inside and sharing your light with everyone you meet. When you’re lit up from the inside, people naturally see it in your expression. Be that person who glows from the inside out - and watch it transform your world (and your skin) every day.
Do you have tips for glowing skin that we didn’t mention here? Share your favorite tips below.
1. Helmenstine, A. (2014, October 18). How Much of Your Body is Water?. Retrieved from http://chemistry.about.com/od/waterchemistry/f/How-Much-Of-Your-Body-Is-Water.htm. Accessed January 14, 2015.
2. How to Calculate How Much Water You Should Drink A Day. Retrieved from http://www.slenderkitchen.com/how-to-calculate-how-much-water-you-should-drink-a-day/#. Accessed January 14, 2015.
3. Mayo Clinic Staff (2014, November 8). Acne. Retrieved from www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/acne/basics/causes/con-20020580. Accessed January 14, 2015.
4. Jaret, P. Exercise for Healthy Skin. Retrieved from http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/acne/features/exercise. Accessed January 14, 2015.
®/TMs are trademarks of Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. or its affiliates. Any other product or brand names and logos are the property of their respective owners.
©2015 Obagi Medical, a division of Valeant Pharmaceuticals North America LLC.