Keep That Summer Glow All Year Long
As the days get shorter, it’s not unusual to start looking for ways to keep a healthy glow, even while the sun plays hide and seek behind Winter weather.
In the spirit of keeping Summer in our hearts all year long, here are 3 easy ways to maintain that summer glow:
- Fake a Tan the Healthier Way: An easy way to help protect your skin from the harmful rays of the sun and maintain that sun-kissed look is to use tinted sunscreens. Coming soon, Obagi will be launching a line of tinted sunscreens, which are a perfectly-light addition to your skin care routine. Tinted sunscreens help protect your skin from the harmful rays of the sun while helping you maintain that sun-kissed look we all love. Watch for them to be released in the coming months.
A spray tan is another option to help you fake your summer glow, and it is a much safer alternative to tanning beds, which expose you to harmful UV rays.1,2 Unlike tinted sunscreens, however, spray tans do not provide any sunscreen protection, but they still are a great way to get an instant glow for a special event or “just because.” Gone are the days of walking out of a spray tan facility looking like an orange peel. Nowadays, with the advancement of spray tan technology, you can step out into the world with just a little bit of color that looks natural and helps you feel great. While we can’t recommend a particular spray tan provider, we can encourage you to conduct an online search for a facility in your area, and read the reviews. Oftentimes, people will post their experiences online and you can benefit from others’ wins and losses.
- Citrus Sundays: If you live in a part of the world where citrus is available year-round, you might enjoy this little ritual that keeps summer alive year-round. Citrus Sundays are just what they sound like: one day of the week where you indulge your senses with all things citrus. It could be as simple as a glass of orange juice in morning and spritzing lemon over a summer-inspired salad. Or, why not bring the benefits of Vitamin C to your skin by adding one or more of Obagi’s Professional-C™ line of products to your skin care regimen? Nothing says Summer Glow like citrus.
- Workout routine: Just because the sun goes to sleep earlier doesn’t mean you have to. Many experts agree that getting at least 20 minutes of aerobic exercise daily is key to living a healthy, happy life. You don’t need to join a gym or a sports team to get your 20 minutes of exercise in. A brisk walk around the neighborhood will do the trick. It will get your blood pumping, give you a post-workout glow, and make you feel great!
What about you? Do you have a tip you would like to share to maintain your summer glow throughout the year? Add it in the comments below.
- Sunless Tanning: What You Need to Know. Mayo Clinic Website. http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/adult-health/in-depth/sunless-tanning/art-20046803. Accessed August 11, 2015.
- Indoor Tanning, the Risks of Ultraviolet Rays. FDA website. http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm186687.htm. Accessed October 13, 2015.
®/TMs are trademarks of Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. or its affiliates. Any other product or brand names are trademarks of their respective owners. Distributed by Obagi Medical Products, a division of Valeant Pharmaceuticals North America LLC.
©2015 OMP, Inc. 11/15 DM/OBG/15/0225