Your Post-Op Product Lineup
Have you ever considered an in-office aesthetic procedure or plastic surgery? Along with a customized Obagi® skin care routine, many people seeking optimal beauty or skin health may choose to receive a rejuvenating in-office procedure and/or plastic surgery from their skin care physician to reach that next level of confidence.
While these aesthetic procedures may offer skin-enhancing or health benefits, there is often down time in the days, or sometimes weeks, that follow as your skin recovers. If you’re considering a laser procedure, peel or plastic surgery, review the list of Obagi products below that can help aid in your skin’s recovery.
Appropriate for: If you have previously gone under the knife, have new or old scars, burns or trauma, or show early signs of keloid or hypertrophic scars.1
What is it: Normal wound healing involves a complex series of steps that can sometimes result in unsightly scars. Dermatix Ultra uses a clinically proven, advanced silicone gel designed to help manage and reduce the appearance of scars.1
Why it works:1
- Dermatix Ultra dries to form a barrier that helps maintain the skin’s moisture balance and leaves skin feeling clean and silky.
- The formula utilizes four major silicone components to balance therapeutic benefits with patient comfort and also contains a Vitamin C-ester.
Last updated: 1/24/17
- Dermatix Ultra Patient Brochure. Data on file.
In addition to a product that can help post-procedure recovery, it’s also important that your skin care routine is gentle with products specifically formulated for dry or sensitive skin. Your skin care physician may modify or stop your current skin care routine and temporarily opt for a milder, non-irritating treatment during recovery that may include:
- A gentle cleanser such as Obagi Nu-Derm® Gentle Cleanser or Gentle Rejuvenation Soothing Cleanser.
- A broad-spectrum sunscreen that works for sensitive skin such as Sun Shield Mineral Broad Spectrum SPF 50 to protect your new, fragile skin from sun damage.*
Next time you speak with your skin care physician about an in-office aesthetic procedure, be sure you also discuss your post-procedure options to get you back to beautiful faster.
*Using a broad-spectrum sunscreen SPF 30 or higher together with a comprehensive sun protection program including wearing sun protective clothing, hats, sunglasses, and avoiding the sun between the hours of 10am - 2pm may help reduce the risk of premature skin aging.
©2017 OMP, Inc. 1/17 DMX.0014.USA.17