To Tone or Not To Tone... That Is the Question!
Be honest – Have you ever asked the question, "What does toner do?" You’re not alone. Many people are confused about what toner is, what it actually does, and the benefits of including it in their skin care regimen.
Toner can be a valued, integral part of your skin care program. It:
- Adjusts the pH of the skin to prepare it for optimal penetration of other product ingredients1
- Gives your skin a taut, cool, refreshed feel1
- Removes the outer layer of oils from your skin1
- Is a great way to prep your skin for the day
Toner usually contains alcohol and water, plus additional ingredients according to your skin type. For example, a toner for dry skin may be formulated with less alcohol (which dries the skin) and include a moisturizer, such as glycerin.
Toners are used after cleansing or as interim cleansers to remove grime and oils from the skin surface; they help freshen and tighten the face to prepare it for moisturization and the application of make up.
After cleansing in the morning and evening, you can use a toner like our alcohol-free, non-drying Obagi Nu-Derm® Toner. Just saturate a cotton pad and gently wipe over face and neck, and do not rinse off.
Used regularly, toner can make a real difference in how your skin feels and looks. We recommend you ask your physician or find one near you who can recommend the right toner for your skin type.
So, now we put the question to you… Do YOU use toner?
1. "What the Heck Do You Do With…Toner?". Huffington Post website. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/18/face-toner_n_5589828.html. Accessed March 5, 2015.
®/TMs are trademarks of Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. or its affiliates. Any other product or brand names and logos are the property of their respective owners. Distributed by OMP, Inc.
©2015 Obagi Medical Products Inc., a division of Valeant Pharmaceuticals North America LLC. 04/15 DM/OBG/15/0029