In-Office Procedures: What, How, and Why
Finding the right beauty routine for your unique skin is an essential first step towards healthier-looking skin. Sometimes, though, you may find that you need something else to help keep your skin looking its best. The answer? Oftentimes, it is an in-office procedure.
What can in-office procedures do for your skin?
Your skin care physician may recommend that you undergo a procedure, in addition to using your favorite Obagi® system or products, to help you achieve the desired look and feel for your skin.
Many offices provide innovative treatment technologies and laser therapy to meet the aesthetics needs of patients. These technologies include:
- Resurfacing/Rejuvenation—Resurfacing and rejuvenation procedures can help address the reduction of fine lines and wrinkles, minimization of scars, and unevenness of skin tone for smoother, younger-looking skin.
- Acne Treatment—Using vacuum and broadband light, these procedures can help to treat acne.
- Body Contouring—These treatments may help you eliminate unwanted fat or temporarily reduce the appearance of cellulite through non-invasive or minimally-invasive options.
What about peels and facials?
In-office chemical peels, such as Obagi Blue Peel®, can help transform your skin and may quickly reveal a more youthful look. Obagi Blue Peel RADIANCE® has been shown to help with the following concerns:
- Improving the appearance of photodamage, with overall improvement in texture and tone.1,2
- Helping enhance the appearance of even skin tone.1,2
- Exfoliating the skin with little or no downtime.
Please note that you may experience light swelling after these peels. In addition, the most important thing to remember after receiving a peel is to wear a sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher at all times!
Several of our physician partners also offer in-office Obagi facials to suit the needs of your skin. After an analysis of your skin type and goals, your physician will recommend one of our two facial offerings: our Signature Facial to cleanse, exfoliate, and moisturize your skin for a revitalized look; or our Enrich Facial, which includes a peel treatment and deep pore cleansing to help refresh your complexion.
If you’re interested in an in-office peel or facial, contact your skin care physician to see if they offer these Obagi procedures, or find a physician here.
Do you need an in-office procedure?
You are unique. Your skin care needs will not likely be the same as your friends’ or relatives’, and that is why it is so important for you to find a skin care physician that you trust, who will guide you towards your healthiest-looking skin! With his or her guidance, you will discover an ongoing regimen of products that will suit your specific needs, and you will also learn whether or not you are a candidate for an in-office procedure to help you meet your skin care goals.
Last updated: 6/22/17
- Berson, D.S., Cohen, J.L., Rendon, M.I., Roberts, W.E., Starker, I., & Wang, B. Clinical role and application of superficial chemical peels in today’s practice. J Drugs Dermatol. 2009;8(9):803-11.
- Rendon, M.I., Berson, D.S., Cohen, J.L., Roberts, W.E., Starker, I., & Wang, B. Evidence and considerations in the application of chemical peels in skin disorders and aesthetic resurfacing. J Clin Aesthet Dermatol. 2010;3(7):32-43.
©2017 OMP, Inc. 6/17 OBG.0104.USA.17