Do You Know About Obagi Hydrate® Luxe?
Have you ever heard of a circadian rhythm? It’s the physical, mental and behavioral changes in your body that follow a roughly 24-hour cycle, such as your sleeping schedule.1 What you may not realize is that many of your skin functions also follow a circadian rhythm. While you may begin to unwind in the evening, your skin is hard at work and actually increases its renewal and metabolic functions at night.
Consider these cycles in your skin’s functions that may influence its texture, radiance, and overall appearance:2
- Cell proliferation peaks at midnight, and is lowest at noon
- Blood flow is 25% lower at night
- Oil production by skin glands is higher midday at noon
- Skin pH is more acidic during sleep
You can dream easy tonight knowing that Obagi offers a product engineered to complement your skin’s natural nightly functions. We are thrilled to have Obagi Hydrate Luxe in our family of products! Just as the name suggests, this luxuriously rich face cream is extra-moisturizing and contains ingredients to keep your skin looking and feeling supple and firm. In fact, in a 2013 consumer survey, a majority of those who tried Hydrate Luxe saw improvements in the appearance of fine lines, firmness, skin texture, skin radiance, and hydration.3
Packed with many of the same great naturally derived ingredients as our Obagi Hydrate Facial Moisturizer, like shea butter, mango butter, and avocado, Hydrate Luxe also contains additional powerful ingredients engineered to work with the chronobiology of the skin and to provide ultra-rich moisturization including:
Biomimetic peptides. A technology that complements your skin’s nightly renewal and metabolic functions to support the skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles in mature skin.4
Hydromanil. A key ingredient in our Hydrate Facial Moisturizer, this technologically advanced ingredient provides not only immediate moisturization, but gradual moisture delivery by retaining water in the layers of your skin and continuously releasing them for 8-hour moisture protection!5,6
You can apply Obagi Hydrate Luxe in the evening to combat skin dryness overnight, as well as any time deep moisturization is needed. For more information, to see photos, and talk to other Obagi fans about Hydrate Luxe, visit us on Facebook.
Can’t wait to get your hands (and face) on it? Contact your skin care physician about trying this luxurious formula.
- Circadian Rhythms Fact Sheet. National Institute of General Medical Sciences. http://www.nigms.nih.gov/Education/Factsheet_CircadianRhythms.htm, Accessed August 21, 2013.
- Chronobiology of Skin and Skin Disorders. The American Association of Medical Chronobiology and Chronotherapeutics. http://www.aamcc.net/cap3.htm. Accessed August 20, 2013.
- UL consumer survey of 31 participants. OMP, Inc. Data on file.
- Lucas Meyer Cosmetics. Data on file.
- TWEL/Moisturization evaluation of a skin care product. OMP, Inc. Data on file.
- Provitol Group. Hydromanil. Data on file.
®/TMs are trademarks of Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. or its affiliates. All other product or brand names are trademarks of their respective owners. Distributed by Obagi Medical Products, a division of Valeant Pharmaceuticals North America LLC.
©2016 OMP, Inc. 5/16 HYD.0027.USA.16