Introducing Sun Shield Mineral
Pop quiz: Do you know what the difference is between a physical sunscreen and a chemical sunscreen?
If your answer is that physical sunscreens protect your skin from the sun by deflecting or scattering the sun’s rays, while chemical sunscreens work by absorbing them, you are right!
Introducing Sun Shield Mineral: an All-Physical Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Sunscreen
We are proud to introduce Obagi® Sun Shield Mineral Broad Spectrum SPF 50, a light, clear-drying, all-physical sunscreen that provides broad spectrum protection against the sun’s harmful UVA and UVB rays.1-3
How Sun Shield Mineral Benefits You
This sunscreen was recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation as an effective broad spectrum sunscreen and can be worn every day. Because of the ingredients used in all-physical sunscreens, some formulations tend to leave a white film on the skin after application and are harder to rub into the skin. Sun Shield Mineral uses the revolutionary INVISIBLE ZINC technology, which is naturally sourced and results in a uniquely dry, clear finish.1
And if that’s not enough, here are even more of the benefits you can enjoy! Sun Shield Mineral:
- Is recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation as an effective broad spectrum sunscreen
- Is lightweight and oil-free1
- Is non-comedogenic (so it won’t clog your pores)4
- Won’t cause irritation5
- Is great for all skin types, including sensitive skin5
- Is water resistant for up to 40 minutes6
- Dries clear
Learn more about the ingredients and benefits of Sun Shield Mineral, and next time you visit your skin care specialist, ask if this product would work for you.
The 7 Smart Habits for Sun Protection
You might think October is an interesting time to launch a sunscreen product, but it’s not – and let us tell you why. Because the sun’s rays can reach you through fog, windows, even the snow – you should wear sunscreen every day of the year. In addition, here are 7 Smart Habits for Sun Protection3,7 to also employ:
- Seek the shade, particularly between the hours of 10am and 4pm
- Avoid tanning booths
- Cover up with clothing, a broad-brimmed hat, and UV-blocking sunglasses
- Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen every day with an SPF of 30 or higher
- Apply 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) of sunscreen all over the body 30 minutes before going outside; reapply every 2 hours, and after swimming or sweating
- Every month, examine the skin head to toe for changes
- Every year, visit a physician for a complete skin exam
Do you have other tips about good sun protection habits, or questions about Obagi sun protection products? Visit us on Facebook!
- OMP, Inc. Sun Shield Mineral Broad Spectrum SPF 50 product packaging OMP, Inc 2015;NA: 1
- AMA Laboratories, Inc.. FDA in-vitro broad spectrum test OMP, Inc 2012;NA: 1-4
- The Skin Cancer Foundation . Understanding UVA and UVB http://www.skincancer.org/understanding-uva-and-uvb.html 2015;NA: 1-5
- ESSEX Testing Clinic. Topline report – ETC Panel 15049 OMP, Inc 2015;NA: 1
- AMA Laboratories, Inc.. 50 human subject repeat insult patch test skin irritation/sensitization evaluation (occlusive patch) OMP, Inc 2009;NA: 1-9
- AMA Laboratories, Inc.. Evaluation of sun protection by SPF determination (FDA) – 40 minute water resistant OMP, Inc
- American Academy of Dermatology. Sunscreens http://www.aad.org/media-resources/stats-and-facts/prevention-and-care/sunscreens 2015;NA: 1-2 2012;NA: 2-11
®/TMs are trademarks of Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc., or its affiliates. Any other product or brand names and logos are the property of their respective owners. Distributed by Obagi Medical, a division of Valeant Pharmaceuticals North America LLC.
©2015 OMP, Inc. 10/15 DM/SSH/15/0019
Tags: sun damage