Give Thanks to Your Body
This is the time of year to give thanks, and we’re curious…have you taken a moment lately to thank your body? If you haven’t, this may seem like an odd practice at first, but let us explain.
Whether you are at your peak health or not, there is a lot that your body does for you, every minute of every day. We sometimes tend to put our bodies down or spend time wishing that something about our bodies was different. That one little scar, those darn wrinkles, the annoying cellulite on my legs, etc.
Instead of wishing, what if we stopped to give some appreciation to our bodies regularly? We suggest that you take one minute—right now—to give thanks to your body for one or more of the amazing things it does or allows you to do.
Not sure where to start? Here are some ideas—choose what applies and give thanks!
I’m thankful to my body for…
- My strong legs, which get me where I need to go every day.
- My eyes, which allow me to read my favorite books.
- My ears, which turn sounds into conversations and melodies into opportunities to dance.
- My complex internal organs, which take care of everything automatically so I can focus on what I need to do instead.
- My taste buds, which let me truly enjoy my favorite foods.
- My smile lines, which remind me of all the fun times and long laughs I’ve shared with others in the past.
- My scar, which is a battle mark I wear as a badge of honor, showing that I am a survivor.
These are just some examples to get you started, but we encourage you to take more time saying “thank you” for all your body does for you!
Except as otherwise indicated, all product names, slogans and other marks are trademarks of the Valeant family of companies. Distributed by OMP, Inc.
©2014 Obagi Medical Products Inc., a division of Valeant Pharmaceuticals North America LLC.